In operating a medical practice, you have folks depending on your for healthcare and jobs.
As such, are you confident your practice passes the test?
That is not only that each patient can get the care they need, but also your workers stay employed in good jobs?
If you have some concerns, now would be a good time to address them.
Are You Confident in Your Practice?
In reviewing all your practice needs to be successful, look at these areas:
- Protecting what you worked on – First, are you protected should something happen to you? If you became disabled for any notable length of time, would your practice survive? This is why it is critical to look into getting AMA disability insurance. The right insurance can give you peace of mind. That is to know that you and your practice have protection if the unthinkable takes place. Go online today and find the right insurance coverage if you do not already have it.
- Hiring and retaining – You would be hard-pressed to run a practice without employees. So, are you feeling good about the employees you’ve hired over time? You want those workers willing to give you 100 percent each day. It is also good to have employees willing to stay with you for a significant period of time. Sure, you have to respect if one or more get better offers over time or leave for other valid reasons. That said you do not want a revolving door at your practice. Having continuity is good for the practice and the patients.
- Using the latest in medical tech – How good are you at making sure you have the latest in technology to work with? Such technology makes it faster and more efficient to treat patients. Having that equipment also means they are getting the latest and best in tech products. Can you attend some medical conferences throughout the year? If so, these are good opportunities to learn about such technology. You can also chat with other doctors to get their two cents on tech in the medical field and more.
- Marketing your brand – With all the competition for care, are you doing a good job of marketing your brand? Failure to do so can end up meaning too many patients go with your competition at the end of the day. From your website to social media to having a business app, make sure your brand is getting noticed. You can also ask patients if they will help spread the word among their family, friends and co-workers. As more referrals go out, you could see an uptick in business.
- What the future may hold – Finally, do you have plans in place for down the road? At some point you will want to retire or even give something else a shot. As a result, what plan might you have in place for when that time comes? Not only do you owe it to your long-time patients, but also the workers looking to you for their incomes and more.
In having your medical practice pass the test, are you confident it will do that?